The Air Traffic Controller mixes a Rainger FX optimum distortion circuit with a white noise 'hiss' generator, and sends the sound through a low pass filter. The cut-off frequency of the filter is controlled in three possible ways; by the envelope of the note (the volume), the pitch of the note, or in a random mode. move mouse over picture
This gives variations ranging from a biting edgy funk tone, to airy whisps of sound (hence the name), from fusiony solo-ing with 'synth tracking' to dense shoe-gazy walls of distortion, guitar/electronic-percussion morphing... It's a hugely flexible palette of sounds that's never been possible before. The white noise hiss mimics the dynamics of the guitar sound - loud at the start of the note, then dying away to total silence when the guitar does too. For a pedal with such a lot going on it's incredibly quiet when it should be.
air traffic controller back view 'Distort' adjusts the amount of distortion, 'Air - Signal' controls the blend of guitar to white noise (ranging from only guitar to only white noise, and everything in between). 'Resonance' adjusts how noticeable the cut-off frequency is, while 'Level' decides the output volume. The top panel has a three-way rotary knob for filter-controlling options, a 'DC in' socket, and a 'Hi/Lo' button to allow for whether your guitar is active or passive. The runway landing lights display pattern runs when a signal is present. (See FAQs Air Traffic Controller for more info)
- *A whole new approach to 'synth' effects pedals
- *Three different ways of controlling the filter *Full, tonally-balanced distortion sounds
- *Can do submarine 'pings' *Keeps the underlying character and tone of your guitar
- *Unmatched incredible sonic flexibility
- *Hi/Lo button for adapting to high output guitars
- *Fantastic for wide-ranging styles of music, including techno-rock, fusion/funk, shoe-gaze, electro, synth-pop, noise-based...
- *Extremely high volume available
- *Runway landing lights in a moving pattern to ensure safe landing
- *Deeply cool 'contol panel' steel enclosure (Rainger FX custom asymmetrical design)
- *True bypass hard wired footswitching
- *Powered by 9v battery or power supply unit
Artist that uses our Products