Disaster 8-Loop Pedal Controller The DPC-8EZ is a compact pedalboard control system with eight effects loops and MIDI. The DPC-8EZ is similar to our popular DPC-5 pedalboard controller but has more effects loops and a simplified MIDI implementation.
The DPC-8EZ is fully compatible with the Disaster Area Gen2 pedal controllers, including the DMC-6D and DMC-7D. Combining a DPC-8EZ with a DMC-7D allows the player to use the DMC-7D as a powerful preset organizer and MIDI controller, while leaving the DPC-8EZ in direct access mode for quick pedal selection.
Please note that in order to pack the maximum connectivity into the DPC-8EZ, the jack spacing is very tight. We have tested several different brands and types of patch cables and have found DisasterPlugs to be the best solution for cabling up a DPC-8EZ. 36 plugs (3 kits) are required to cable 8 effects and one volume pedal into a DPC-8EZ. Other options include George L’s and Lava solderless kits, including Mini-ELC and Tightrope kits. Customers wishing to use soldered connections may use Switchcraft 380 straight plugs.
- Compact size – 10"Prime; x 2.6"Prime; x 2"Prime; excluding switch caps and jacks.
- No special power supply required – uses less than 120mA, 9V from a Pedal Power 2 or similar.
- 5 footswitches for preset selection or manual effects loop control.
- 48 presets accessible by foot, arranged in four folders with three banks of four presets each.
- 128 presets accessible using an external MIDI controller</li>
- Full MIDI control of presets and effects loops 8 effects loops with a custom-designed switching matrix
- Dedicated insert connection between loops 4 and 5
- Always-on tuner out with tuner mute.
- New Z-MODE buffer allows you to tailor the impedance to work pefectly with fuzz, vibe, wah, and other impedance-sensitive pedals
- USB connector for future firmware upgrades (PC and Mac firmware update tools available.)