Mr. Nutcracker is a full range Booster/Tone Enhancer with a built in high grade, adjustable optical compressor. Mr. Nutcracker's wide gain/volume range, coupled with the well balanced compressor makes it like a box of chocolate for musicians. Use Mr. Nutcracker to get bite and sustain, or to add that magic sparkle. If you think any kind of compression sucks, turn down the 'Comp' control to get it out of the way and use Mr. Nutcracker as a dynamic booster/enhancer/overdriver! Most likely, though, you will soon recognize yourself turning that knob up again as you suddenly started to love 'compression'. And if you play the bass it's a good idea to check out Mr. Nutcracker as it sounds great for guitars and bass guitars!
- Gain—Gain control (crystal clean into light overdrive)
- Comp—Compressor control (optical compressor)
- Treble—upper frequencies control (passive treble cut)
- Volume—as loud as you'll ever need!
- Low—Low end character (passive/3 way toggle switch)
- Mode—Compressor character/string attack (2 way toggle switch)
- GIMME—true bypass switching (push switch)Details
- All original and handmade Himmelstrutz design. Based on its mother/predecessor, the unforgettable Miss Nutcracker
- Mechanical (true) bypass switching, ON indicated with a blue LED • External knobs: 'Gain, 'Comp', 'Treble', 'Volume'
- External toggles: 'Mode' & 'Bass'
- Optical compressor—appr. 10ms attack/100ms release—indicated with a minimal green LED. With 'Comp' control set to zero the compressor is disabled
- Power Consumption: 9 V DC/1-3 mA (= rich battery life)
- AC Adapter (Optional): 5-18 V DC, center-pin negative