The Forte is a new instrument cable from Evidence Audio that offers musicians the best in flexibility, performance, and reliability in one package. The Forte's innovative design provides the quality of sound that Evidence Audio is known for while maintaining the flexibility of common cables. One of the largest contributing factors to audio performance is the negative effect of conductor strand interaction.
While the best way to eliminate strand interaction is to use solid-core conductors inside a cable, these conductors can reduce the overall flexibility of the cable. The Forte's design greatly reduces the problems created by strand interaction. The IGL-ECS™ conductors used in the Forte cables are made from many individually insulated strands of high-purity copper to minimize electrical interaction, electromechanical modulation, and skin-effect anomalies.
The Forte additionally benefits from a semi-balanced geometry which avoids using the shield to carry the audio signal. The sound is powerful, dynamic, and articulate, and ensures faithful transmission of your signal without coloration or dynamic compression. Designer Tony Farinella states "Where musicians demand the sound quality offered by Evidence Audio, without giving up the flexibility and feel they are accustomed to with traditional cables, the Forte is the logical solution."
- IGL-ECS™ conductors: Minimize the effects of strand interaction, the largest source of distortion in cables, but retain the flexibility of a common stranded cable
- High Purity Copper: Allows for open and extended midrange and highs without etching or glare Semi-Balanced
- Geometry: The shield blocks noise instead of carrying your signal, to preserve dynamics and dimensionality
- Organic Insulation: Cotton wraps the conductors with a lower dielectric constant than polymers to preserve resolution and prevent smearing
- 18 awg conductors: Uncommon cross-sectional area for incredible punch and authority without skin-effect anomolies