PUSH YOUR MUSTANG TO THE LIMIT:
Lindy Fralin Mustang Replacements: it’s like wearing glasses for the first time. Musicians looking for a sparkling, bright, and open sound will love the sound of Fralin Mustang pickups. These pickups offer a 60’s era-authentic sound, for direct replacement in a Fender Mustang® or Duosonic®. These Mustang® replacements are similar to our Vintage Hots for Stratocaster®. Wound with 42-gauge Formvar wire and AlNiCo V magnets, Mustang Replacements have a smooth sound: balanced, and beautiful.
When playing clean, Mustang® pickups sparkle and sound very open and clear without sounding “tinny” or glassy. Fralin Mustang Replacements sound big and wide, with an even balance of Bass, Middle, and Treble. With distortion, the tone cuts through and while still remaining very dynamic and thick with a clear low-end and a sharp attack. Single notes cut through with ease while chords have excellent string-to-string definition. Players can expect wonderful clarity, and string definition with these pickups: a truly versatile pickup.
We have 3 outputs available: Vintage, Blues, and High Output. We use our same formula and amount of turns as we do on our Vintage Hots, Blues Specials, and High Output Strat pickups.
- 42 Gauge Heavy Formvar Wire, With Beveled Magnets
- Direct replacement for Fender Mustang®, or Duosonic®.
- Clear bass strings with a nice airy treble strings.
- Full sound without sounding overly harsh or bright
- Our Stock set features a 5% overwound Bridge to match the output of the Neck and Middle
- Made by hand, one at a time
Hand wound with 42 gauge Heavy Formvar wire, beveled AlNiCo V magnets and cloth leads. Blues Specials are wound with 42 gauge Single Poly Nylon, and High Outputs are wound with 43 gauge wire. We recommend using 250K Pots with these pickups. The neck pickup is average 60’s specs, and the bridge pickup is just hot enough to have the same output as the neck and middle pickups. USA-Made Magnets and Wire are always used to make these Vintage Hot pickups. The pickups come with your choice of White and Black covers.
- Vintage Output Mustang’s read 6K on the neck, and 6.8K on the bridge.
- Blues Special Output Mustangs read 6.2K on the neck, and 7.2K on the bridge.
- High Output Mustangs read 8K on the neck and 9.5K on the bridge.