THE FRALIN HUM-CANCELLING P-90®. NOISELESS, FEARLESS.
We all love the sound of a screaming P-90 Pickup. It’s been used on countless records and countless guitarists rely on it to give them that aggressive tone they’re after. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. At Fralin Pickups, our Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements are given a healthy dose of USA-Made Parts and wound by hand, and given a second coil to deliver the tone you love, with no hum.
- Adjustable Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- Neodymium Bar Magnets for a Smooth Tone
- Lindy Fralin 2-Coil Design For Noiseless Performance
- Wound with 43-Gauge Wire to specification
- USA-Made Magnets and Wire.
Fralin Stock Set of Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements are like our regular Fralin P-90’s, only thicker, darker, and with no hum. You can expect a thick, darker, round bottom-end, and a rounder, less aggressive top-end, with a clear, fat midrange in-between. Our Hum-Cancelling P-90’s still have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone that you love, only with no hum at all. Single notes have a punchy, thick sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with a slight compression and great note separation. The Output is almost identical to our Stock P-90’s, and they sound extremely similar – just a little thicker in the midrange. Fralin Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy. We can also make this pickup in a AlNiCo rod version for a smoother tone. Contact us for details.
CHOOSING THE PICKUP:
We have a few output options:
Our Stock Set is a Stock bridge and -10% Neck. This is our most popular set. To customize this:
- Each additional 5% added (+5%) will give you 5% more mids, and 5% less highs. It’s thicker, with more output. Higher output pickups have more compression and are beefier sounding
- Each 5% subtracted (-5%) will clean up the pickup nicely, giving it a clearer, more open sound. This will add 5% more highs and take away some midrange for a nice “scooped” sound. Lower output pickups have more articulation and are generally more dynamic than higher output pickups.
- We customize our pickups from our Stock Set. If you choose (-5%) on the NECK position, you will be getting a -15% Neck.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pP0UGJI8QzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>