VINTAGE HOTS: THE ULTIMATE SET OF GUITAR PICKUPS FOR VINTAGE TONE.
Vintage Hot Pickups: our best selling single coil set. Musicians looking for a sparkling, bright, and open sound will love the sound of these guitar pickups. These pickups offer a 50’s era-authentic sound, for direct replacement in a Fender® Stratocaster or other single-coil equipped guitar. Vintage Hots are fatter sounding that our Real 54’s, but not as dark as our Blues Specials. Wound with 42-gauge Formvar wire and AlNiCo V magnets, These guitar pickups sound smooth, balanced, and beautiful.
When playing clean, Vintage Hots sparkle and sound very open and clear without sounding “tinny” or glassy. Vintage Hots sound big and wide, with an even balance of Bass, Middle, and Treble. With distortion, the tone cuts through and while still remaining very dynamic and thick with a clear low-end and a sharp attack. Single notes cut through with ease while chords have excellent string-to-string definition. Players can expect wonderful clarity, and string definition with Vintage Hot Pickups: a truly versatile pickup. For a similar tone with no hum, consider using our Split Blade Strat Pickups.
- 42 Gauge Heavy Formvar Wire, With Beveled Magnets
- Clear bass strings with nice airy treble strings.
- Full sound without sounding overly harsh or bright
- Our Stock set features a 5% overwound Bridge to match the output of the Neck and Middle
- Made by hand, one at a time with USA-made parts
- The pickups come with your choice of White, Black, Yellow (Aged White), or Green covers.
CHOOSING THE PICKUP:
Our Complete Set is our best-selling option. It has a slightly hotter bridge to compensate for the brightness near the bridge. If you’re buying a single pickup, please see the box below describing the information we need to get you the correct polarity information, and read this important article: “What’s The Deal With Polarity?”